Monday, May 1, 2017

Week One in the Mission Field!

My area is so big and we do so much walking, I'm going to have good calves after my mission :D hahah but for real, we do have a lot of work, like 41 investigators and 11 baptism dates. My companion is great we get along great too, she is so patient with me in not being able to understand a whole lot.


Yesterday was probably the hardest day for me because I wanted, so badly, to know what they were saying in sacrament and I couldn't, so I just sat there and cried!

I live with 2 other sisters - one from Idaho and one from around Natal area. I can't remember the name. We are in the house till round 12 then have lunch with membros, and then go back to the house for a few more hours of studying. We tend to leave at 4 and don't come back until 9 at night. So it's much different than I thought! 

This week has been good one being the first in the field. It definitely hasn't been easy adjusting to being in the field. I didn't know what to expect but this wasn't it! hahah it's great, I had a really hard day yesterday, being my first Domingo in all Portuguese, in sacramento I just sat there and cried. I think my companion <Sister Hernandez> is awesome and I love her, she is so patient with me in the language and in all things, she has been a great help too me. The other sisters are great too, we all get along, though most of the time I don't know what they are saying but I try.

It's been great meeting our pesquisadores, there are so many I'm still learning names! The most of them seem to be doing good, but again I´m not 100% sure what exactly goes on and, is said in our lessons, but I am starting to say more in them, whether it's my testimony or sharing a scripture - I am slowly starting to do more.

This week for me has been centered on just listening and learning from that, there are some many different accents, and people that makes this difficult. One thing I like is the help and patience from the people we teach when I say something I can see them perk up a bit and will help me with the idioma, which is cool!! I am so excited to be here and grateful for the opportunity to serve the Lord, I love him with my whole heart!!

I am looking forward to this week, to learn so much more. 

BTW President and Sister Scholz had a son Serve in Surprise, he was in the Sun City and Kingswood Park wards, he just came home in January!! He told his mom that he knows the Moss's which is cool!

Anyway, I love you and miss you tons!

Love,

Sister Moss <3
 
A letter from President Scholz 

Dear Moss Family,
 
We are excited to have your daughter, Sister Moss, in our mission. This will be a great opportunity for continued growth and development as she serves faithfully here in the mission field.  She will meet, teach, convert and touch the lives of many people who are seeking to know, understand and live the truths of the restored gospel. Your daughter will have the opportunity to grow closer to the Lord and better understand how to recognize the promptings of the Holy Ghost. Through her continued study and application of gospel principles, we pray her testimony will increase and her love and obedience to Heavenly I will be on your right hand and on your left, and my Spirit shall be in your hearts, and mine angels round about you, to bear you up. Father's revealed truths will forge a pattern for the rest of her life.
 
Your daughter has already been assigned to her first area. She will be working in Eldorado in the city of São José do Rio Preto, and will be trained by Sister Hernandez. The area is very blessed, and your daughter’s trainer is a reliable and responsible missionary. Your daughter will certainly have much success and great spiritual experiences.
 
Along with missionary service come many new and interesting demands and challenges.  Your daughter will continue to learn and adapt to new and interesting customs, cultures and foods, as well as a new language and schedule. As parents, you play a very important role in the well-being of your missionary.  Your continued love and encouragement will give her the support and help she needs. Please write her regularly, sharing your testimony and love of this great gospel plan and help her stay focused on this sacred work.
 
Trust the Lord’s watchful care as you pray regularly for all the missionaries throughout the world.  Remember the Lord has said, "I will be on your right hand and on your left, and my Spirit shall be in your hearts, and mine angels round about you, to bear you up."  (D&C 84:88)
 
My wife and I are very grateful to have your daughter serving by our sides in this great missionary effort. The lives of many will be influenced and blessed because of your daughter’s great service and dedication. We will do our best to help your daughter succeed in her service to the Lord. Thank you for preparing a daughter, that is willing and ready to be of service in this part of the Lord's vineyard. May the Lord bless you for your sacrifice and help in this important and eternal endeavor.
 
With love,
Peter S. Scholz
Mission President

No comments:

Post a Comment