Monday, May 22, 2017

I gave my first talk in Portuguese (in Sacrament)

This week was good and rough at the same time. We have had lots of rain and that makes it easier to get into the homes of people! haha! We have 3 investigators really progressing and have 3 baptism dates for this upcoming week.

We had meetings with Presidente Scholz this week and though it went well, we talked about the first 12 weeks how I'm feeling, if I see progress and the progress he sees. It was good. I got a blessing this past week as well because I am becoming more and more impatient with myself, in the language. it seems to be getting hard to understand. We did a quick splits again this week and I was with Sister Poulsen again, haha it was fun, and it gave me a heart attack at the same time. This time we stayed in my area and I was in charge of planning the day and who we would see and what we would teach and I about died!! It ended up being a good day but still scary. We got lost quite a bit... these roads are all the same and in circles. 

Oh I did the most terrifying thing in my whole life yesterday...Can you guess what it was?

That's right I gave a talk in sacrament meeting in Portuguese!!!! Definitely a good experience though. I think it went well and it was a easy topic - How can missionary work change your life?
Well that's simple and I'm so grateful for missionary work, I told this story about the most amazing woman and how missionary work changed her life. I love you mommy and I'm glad missionary work can change our lives.

I love you all and I'm am so grateful for my call to serve the Lord.
Sister Moss

No comments:

Post a Comment