Friday, March 24, 2017

A Week and a Half in the CTM - ALREADY!

Hello Everyone.

So this is my first full week and it's been all the emotions you can think of! Learning a new language is so fun, and cool, but definitely hard. I am making progress very slowly. I can say a simple prayer and testimony which is, I think, the most important. I don't get to see Kenzie too often but when I do, we hug!! HaHa

This morning I had a kinda cool experience in the temple. So all week I have been praying for help with the language and so when we got into the celestial room I was sitting there and I just felt peace and warmth I knew that my Savior was there and was letting me know that I'm not doing this alone. I just broke down crying. I felt like I was the only one in the room and He was, like, hugging me. I know through the Lord I can do all things.

We had a devotional on Tuesday by M. Russell Ballard. He said something that stood out to me and I want to share that with you all - he said that missionaries are for-ordained to go where they serve. The Lord will not send us somewhere where we can't strive and become the best person He knows we can become. I can't wait to finally get the language down. I am so grateful for this opportunity that my Savior has given me to be here and that He loves me so much that He is willing to put all His efforts on me, to make me become the person He knows I can be.

I know that my Savior lives, and that He is always watching over all His children. I know that He will answer your prayers and that He is excited to hear from you. I am so glad I have come to Brazil, and can't wait to see what is in store for me while I am here! I love you all so much! 

PS. Mommy will you please correct my many English mistakes<3 and I'm OUT of HI-CHEWS <Mom Note: The only mistakes I had to fix were capitalization errors - I'm not sure if the computers in the CTM have the "shift" button! Lol!>

Here is Sister Moss's letter to Mom 
(for a little more insight to her current situation)

Hi Mommy. Yes the girl third from the left (middle row) is my companion, we get along pretty good, still trying to get used to not having Kenzie by me all the time. We barely see each other. but that's okay, my schedule is crazy and always something to do. We wake up at 6:30 and don't stop until 10:30!

Yes today I went to the temple and it was awesome and so beautiful. My Portuguese is okay. I can say my testimony and a very simple prayer now, which is exciting. Most days I can understand some of what they say and others it's just a blur of words. I can read some too, but not a whole lot. The little Portuguese that I know is messing with my English. The hardest part is putting together sentences to say without reading word for word what I want to say. Other than that my district is so great. One of the elders (Elder Mansfield) just became our new zone leader and it's funny because we've only been here 2 weeks, and its been a very long but quick two weeks.

The food is okay - not much taste or flavor to them, so it makes me miss a home cooked meal from you. We aren't aloud to even take pictures until our P-day and it's a very small time gap that we can because we also can't take them out on the streets with us.

Anyway I love you so much and miss you all so much! 

Eu sei que, meu salvador vida, ele morrar por meu. Eu amor o evangelho, ê meu amor Jesus Cristo, En nome Jesus Cristo Amêm

Probably won't translate right because not the right marks with the letters.

Love you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment